The research of Nanotechnology in Wang Lab is to use functionalized nanomaterials for drug delivery and tissue engineering. As PI or co-Investigator on several projects, Dr. Wang explored the applications of surface-modified liposomes for targeted drug delivery. He demonstrated that anti-cardiac troponin I antibody modified liposomes significantly increased the targeting efficiency of oligonucleotides to ischemic myocardium tissues , and tamoxifen modified lipid bilayer can improve pharmacokinetics profile of liposomal daunorubicin with enhanced therapy for breast cancer . He also indicated that P-aminophenyl-α-D-mannopyranoside conjugated liposomes is a promising brain drug delivery system, which was able to penetrate the blood-brain barrier to improve brain delivery and targeting intracerebral regions, especially in cerebellum and cerebral cortex . In tissue engineering project, Dr. Wang demonstrated the feasibility to use nanofibrous mats for dermal tissue regeneration [4, 5].
1) Liu M, Li M, Sun S, Li B, Du D, Sun J, Cao F, Li H, Jia F, Wang T, Chang N, Yu H, Wang Q, Peng H. The use of antibody modified liposomes loaded with AMO-1 to deliver oligonucleotides to ischemic myocardium for arrhythmia therapy. Biomaterials. 2014; 35(11):3697-707. PMID: 24468403
2) Li M, Yu H, Wang T, Chang N, Zhang J, Du D, Liu M, Sun S, Wang R, Tao H, Shen Z, Wang Q, Peng H. Tamoxifen embedded in lipid bilayer improved the oncotarget of liposomal daunorubicin in vivo. Journal of Materials Chemistry B. 2014; 2(12):1619-25.
3) Du D, Chang N, Sun S, Li M, Yu H, Liu M, Liu X, Wang G, Li H, Liu X, Geng S, Wang Q, Peng H. The role of glucose transporters in the distribution of p-aminophenyl-α-d-mannopyranoside modified liposomes within mice brain. Journal of controlled release. 2014; 182:99-110. PMID: 24631863
4) Xin S, Li X, Wang Q, Huang R, Xu X, Lei Z, Deng H. Novel layer-by-layer structured nanofibrous mats coated by protein films for dermal regeneration. Journal of biomedical nanotechnology. 2014; 10(5):803-10. PMID: 24734533
5) Li W, Li X, Wang Q, Pan Y, Wang T, Wang H, Song R, Deng H. Antibacterial activity of nanofibrous mats coated with lysozyme-layered silicate composites via electrospraying. Carbohydrate polymers. 2014; 99:218-25. PMID: 24274499